We’ve asked interior designer, Florence Corcelli for her thoughts on 2018s trends. Check her top tips on how to be on trend this year.
2018 is all about fun in interiors:
- Maximalism or Relaxed Layered Look. Get inspired by the way the Victorians decorated their homes
- Embrace flaws, asymmetry and the quirky. Interiors are not rigidly perfect anymore.
- Patterns -> geometrics and nature are big now. Mix the patterns and mix the scales
- Play with textures and don’t be afraid to mix them in one room (metallics, textured timber, linens, stones etc)
- Get your quirk on –> show off your personality, print your favorite photographs and frame them in overly decorative frames, display your fashion accessories as interior decorative accessories; think out of the box and have fun!
- Pineapples in all their forms: as decorative accessories, in patterns on cushions, wallpaper etc
- Bringing the outside inside is bigger this year than before. Get inspired by the Ivy Chelsea Garden
- Bold: with colours, with the layered look, with patterns. Anything but neutral goes!
A bit about Florence Corcelli: ‘I have been working for over 10 years in high end interior design on a wide spectrum of styles on both residential and hospitality projects worldwide. I am happy to work on a simple colour consultation or a full townhouse turnkey project. Qualification: BA(Hons) in interior design. I also teach regularly at various design schools in Central London.’
What we say: Florence focuses on making interior design services approachable and affordable – so if you’re looking for that bit of inspiration on a budget, be sure to get in touch here.