Social Media Account Manager
Send CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SpareMyTime is a fast growing, innovative virtual assistance agency. We truly believe in a supportive working environment where people can thrive outside a classic 9-5 office structure whist providing reliable, high calibre support to businesses and individuals looking to achieve more productivity and peace of mind.
Our roles are particularly appropriate for those returning back to work or looking to achieve a better work-life balance.
We are looking for a social media account manager to join our thriving marketing team. You’ll be working on various client accounts, developing a strategy, producing good content, analysing usage data, facilitating customer service, and managing projects and campaigns.
The role may be combined with other marketing and communications responsibilities.
Are all fabulous! They are highly experienced, and we are delighted to have them working with us. They share the SpareMyTime mantra of exceptional quality and excellent customer service. Our ethos of supportive management and flexible virtual working allows them to deliver a high-quality service whilst working around their other commitments – this is often childcare. You can see their profiles here
How we work
This role is completely virtual, and hours are flexible.
We ask for at least 10+ hours per week of availability from you but will not dictate when you work these. We will build you a portfolio of clients until you hit the number of hours per week you would like to work (10-40 hours). We recognise that you are more than capable of setting your own working hours within this to achieve exceptional client experiences.
Your days will be fast paced and ever changing. Your clients could be anyone from handmade baby toiletries or artisan handbag manufacturer to dog walkers, high end fashion PR or knitwear retailers. No client requirement or day is the same.
Will be determined by client mandates however could include any of the following.
The team are always on hand to provide support, suggestions, and guidance.
- develop creative and engaging social media strategies
- manage the day-to-day handling of social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, this may involve adapting content to suit different channels
- oversee, plan and deliver content across different platforms using scheduling tools such as Facebook Creator Studio.
- create engaging multimedia content
- form key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms
- undertake audience research
- manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions
- monitor, track, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using tools such as Facebook insights
- research and evaluate the latest trends and techniques in order to find new and better ways of measuring social media activity
- analyse competitor activity
- recommend improvements to increase performance
- set targets to increase brand awareness and increase customer engagement
- liase and support the rest of the team in a collegial manner
- manage a budget for social media activities
- educate other staff on the use of social media
- encourage collaboration across teams and departments
- regularly liaise with clients via telephone, email, conference calls or face-to-face
We are also often asked to assist with copywriting, newsletter production, SEO, Google Analytics (the list goes one) so this could also form part of your role should you desire. The more skills you have the quicker we will be able to build your portfolio.
Salary and Benefits
- This position is for an employee working 10-40 hours per week
- You are paid for the hours you work each month with a starting salary of £15ph (pro-rata £29,000 pa)
- Fully flexible hours
- Workplace Pension
- Holiday allowance
We work ‘normal’ office hours, 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. However, you are the master of your own hours and, if a great service is received by clients, we leave you to plan your time accordingly.
What to expect
- You’re likely to find the role challenging but rewarding, as social media and the wider digital marketing industry is a continuously changing and fast-paced sector.
- You’ll be part of a wider virtual marketing team who are here to support you
There are no set qualifications required however relevant experience is key. This may be in:
- business management
- journalism & copywriting
- marketing (particularly digital marketing)
- media and communications
- public relations
You’ll need to have:
- a solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms
- strong copywriting and editing skills
- basic knowledge and understanding of algorithms and search engine optimisation
- creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- strong communication and people skills for articulating ideas to colleagues and clients
- excellent team working, collaboration and networking skills
- organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
- project and campaign management skills
- the ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- skills in data analysis and interpreting statistics
- online community management and customer service skills to strike the balance between publicity and stimulating direct discussion with potential and actual customers
- an eye for detail and the ability to work accurately
- motivation and commitment.
We can’t wait to hear from you. Send your CVs to email@example.com